Sep 19, 2013

A Tee Turned Fancy


Today I'm participating in Third Thursday Threads at Bri's blog, Work Clothes, I Suppose!  On this particular third Thursday of the month, Bri invited us to showcase an outfit featuring a dressed-up t-shirt.  

The tee that I decided to show-off has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years now.  I love the vibrant coral color and I think that the ruffly sleeves are a cute detail.  A great way to dress-up a basic t-shirt is to look for one with an interesting detail like these sleeves or perhaps an embellished collar.

Here, I've worn this tee in a coral-focused ensemble.  To me, coral is a good summer to fall transitional color.  It is still bright and summary but the orange-hue makes it work for fall.  Do you agree?  A pencil skirt really dresses-up the t-shirt and coral flats complete the monochromatic look.


I'm also wearing my new tassel bracelet!  Through reading personal style blogs, I have become much more aware of current trends and I think that the latest tasseled accessories are really fun!  I've noticed a lot of girls wearing similar bracelets with chunky watches and extra bangles.  I love the look but tend to accessorize more simply, myself.  I've taken the bedazzled wrist look and toned it down so that it works for me!

Are there any trends that you are currently loving and how are you making them work with your style?  Don't forget to stop by Third Thursday Threads to see some more fancy tees!

What I'm Wearing:
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment