Feb 1, 2019

J'adore 2.1.19 Polar Vortex Edition


Welcome to J'adore, my weekly space for sharing what makes me happy lately.  If you live anywhere near the Midwest or have turned-on the news lately, you may know that a large part of the country is experiencing a polar vortex.  Temperatures below zero plus lots and lots of snow have dominated the week around these parts.  In true Michgander fashion, I'm loving the snow and the excuse to cuddle-up under a blanket with a good book.  I've even gotten a few snow days off from work (who knew this could happen to non-teachers?!).  For today's J'adore post, I want to share with you three favorites in my polar vortex survival kit.

1.  SOREL Explorer Joan Boots: After coming to terms with the fact that cute winter footwear is worth a splurge when you live in the state of Michigan, I purchased these boots.  And let me tell you, they are worth every penny!  They are cute enough to wear out-and-about but are still totally warm and practical.  I love them so much that I've decided to save my money to purchase a dressier pair of SOREL boots next winer.

2.  Sweet Bee Knits Hat: So my mom's cousin's daughter (I'm not sure what that makes her in relation to me, but she feels like a cousin) started her own Etsy shop full of adorable, handmade hats, headbands and scarves.  I ordered custom, Michigan State colored hats for my sister and me this fall and the hats are perfect!  So warm and well-made!  If you are looking for a unique winter piece, check-out her shop.

3.  The Ted Bundy Tapes: If you're a true crime fan, you must check-out the new documentary about Ted Bundy on Netflix.  I knew the general story about Ted Bundy's serial killings but there are so many creepy details I'm learning about for the first. time.  Definitely worth a binge watch during a blizzard!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment