Jun 2, 2014

Life is Great

I've been feeling particularly into graphic tees lately.  T-shirts are obviously comfortable, can be dressed up or down, and graphic ones are such a fun way to express your personality.  If you love something, why don't you tell us about on your shirt?!?

Me, for example?  I adore my home state of Michigan!  I mean, I'm pretty obsessed.  So many miles of beautiful coastline along the greatest of lakes, four very different seasons, Michigan State University AND the nicest people around...it's my kind of place!  That's why, when I spotted this Michigan tee at an art festival, I knew I had to have it!  Because life is great in Michigan (not to mention we are surrounded by the Great Lakes...did you pick-up on that play on words?).


As I mentioned above, a graphic tee can be dressed up or down!  I wore mine with my new scalloped shorts and some pop-of-color flats for a casual Saturday spent at a wine and beer festival in Washington D.C.  My t-shirt gave me an instant conversation starter as I wandered around the festival...not to mention it attracted all of my fellow Michiganders!  I'm looking forward to pairing it with skirts and cropped pants for the rest of the summer!


If you could express something that you love on your tee, what would it be?

What I'm Wearing:
Michigan Tee: Smitten Designs Studio (exact)
Shorts: Anthropologie (exact)
Flats: Aldo (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
Cha Cha the Fashion Genius and Pink Sole- #HowISummer
Fizz and Frosting- Mix It Monday
Greater Than Rubies- Remix Rewear Restyle: T-Shirts
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

  1. Graphic tees are my sartorial Kryptonite - I currently own 8-10, and they are the single hardest item for me to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! When you see one that totally fits your personality, I is so hard to resist. I believe that you have a Beauty and the Beast one...am I correct? I wish I could steal it from your closet :)

      Delete
    2. I do! If we lived closer I would totally lend it to you. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm the exact opposite of you ladies. Graphic tees are usually crew neck monstrosities on me, not to mention the fact that I swore I would never wear anything that makes people read my chest. That said, my students turned me on to TeeTurtle and Threadless this year and I now own a plethora of Doctor Who tees, one of which is gonna make an appearance tomorrow, in fact. Only the good Doctor could get me out of my t-shirt antipathy. So, vive le t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this Michigan tee does attract some undesired attention to my chest...but I convince myself it's because these gawkers love Michigan, too! I can't wait to see your Doctor Who t-shirt! You and Selah are convincing me that I need to start watching the series.

      Delete
    2. Everyone should watch Doctor Who!

      Delete
  3. Yay, Michigan! It is pretty great here :)
    The shirt looks great with the scalloped shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you are from Michigan, too! Where in Michigan??

      Delete
    2. I grew up on a small farm near the little town of Concord, which is about 15 miles from Jackson. Now, I live in the U.P., near Marquette. What part are you from?

      Delete
    3. SO COOL that you live in the U.P.! I've only visited a few times but it is beautiful up there! I'm originally from St. Joseph (in southwest Michigan) but I went to school at Michigan State and spent many years there. Plus my parents live in Lansing now so I call that area home :)

      Delete
  4. I love graphic tees! And how cute that this one has a special meaning for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inge! I think you might be seeing many graphic tees on me this summer.

      Delete
  5. OMG I want/love/adore that tee since Michigan is my second home too. Yesss to everything you said about the Great Lakes area and all. Plus, MI has great sports teams, awesome universities and hospitals (I went to your rival school U of M) and one of the coolest maps around. I agree about MI having 4 seasons (usually). There are at least 3: Summer, Fall and Winter, Sometimes Spring decided to skip. LOL

    Where in MI did you live? Let me know via E-Mail. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you are an honorary Michigander!! I will be e-mailing you shortly :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not familiar with Michigan, but I'm sure it's wonderful... just like your style! You are rocking that tee, and this whole look! AH-MAZ-ING!! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I would highly recommend a vacation there sometime in your future :)

      Delete
  7. That really is a great tee and it looks really comfy! I think those shorts make it a sweet little outfit. Are they new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! I purchased them at Anthropologie a few weeks ago with my birthday coupon :)

      Delete
  8. Yep, that tee is pretty fantastic! One of my favorite places ever is Duluth, MN, which is right on Lake Superior. It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any place along the Great Lakes is wonderful in my book!

      Delete