Jul 6, 2016

Currently: July 2016


toasting: nothing in particular.  And there isn't anything wrong with that!  I've reached a span of time without any major celebrations, just time to relax!  And one of my favorite ways to do so on a summer evening is with a Dark and Stormy cocktail!

going: downtown Nashville!  As I write this post, I am staying at my sister and brother-in-law's home in Tennessee.  They are on vacation and my mom and I are watching my niece, Eloise.  We are going to spend a night on the town, though!  The neighbors graciously offered to babysit so that my mom and I can head to The Listening Room for a delicious, southern meal and to hear an up-and-coming country artist!

smelling: this Fig Tree candle by Detroit Rose, a Michigan company that makes delightfully scented candles.  I purchased it at a pop-up market for local artisans and I adore the simple aesthetics and delicate scent.  I am already anticipating ordering the Campfire scent...

wearing: outfits created for the Summer Style Series of The Blended Blog!  Having trouble thinking of new and creative outfits?  Use our "choose your own adventure"-like tool above!  We are linking-up on Wednesdays and you can find my first outfit for the series below.

wishlisting: anything and everything yoga-related!  I have wanted to try yoga for years.  The blend of focusing on the mind and body really appeals to me.  When school let out for the summer, I signed up for my first few classes.  I love it!  I actually feel happy and peaceful when I leave class (this is an odd post-exercise sensation for me).  Now at any given moment you can find me at yoga class or googling the best mats, how to improve my balance or pretty yoga-inspired baubles.

And now for my first outfit of the Summer Style Series: black + stripes + shoes!


These striped and studded shoes are the absolute best!  I love them so much, in fact, that I was afraid to take them out of the box for the first two months I owned them.  So silly, right?  Now that I've convinced myself that something so cute deserves to be worn in public, I've decided to highlight them for my first Summer Style Series outfit!




To keep the focus on the shoes, I decided to wear them with my simple, comfiest black romper and a bold coral necklace to bring out the color in the studs.



This was the perfect comfortable yet "I feel cute" outfit in which to explore Pittsburgh with my family while we were there for a wedding.  We visited the Strip District, an area with a fun ambiance, lots of little shops and some delicious restaurants.  We ate french fry-filled sandwiches at Primanti Brothers and browsed the wares for sale.  It was a delightful afternoon and a fun wedding weekend!

What I'm Wearing:
Romper: H&M (similar, similar)
Necklace: Silpada (similar, similar)
Flats: Boden (exact)
Purse: Cambridge Satchel

As usual, linking-up with Anne and Jenna!
Save
Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment