Aug 24, 2017

Blogging Besties :: Flowing Silhouette

The Blogging Besties series is the brain child of Alex @ The Cheerful Closet and Whitney @ Whitney à la Mode. In 2015, the series expanded to include yours truly @ My Closet Catalogue and Selah @ A Bibliophile's Style. It's based on the idea of "take one, pass it on," but we're passing on an element from another blogger's outfit. It's a fun challenge that inspires us to be creative!

Last week, Selah stayed svelte and sassy in mint green:


  This week is brought to you by: “flowing silhouette, mint green, feathers, or a throwback piece”. And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: a flowing silhouette.

 

It's been a while since I've rocked a maxi. My recent foray into 40s and 50s vintage didn't really allow for the silhouette. But I continue to evolve and as my aesthetic started trending into later decades, I simply couldn't resist this delicious dress. It just ticked all the boxes for me: vibrant color, stunning print, an empire cut that de-emphasized all the wrong bits while emphasizing all the right ones. I especially love the fabric's drape; whoever said polyester was a horrible textile had obviously never met this dress before. Now, I don't know if I have the audacity to wear this to work - it's a bit in-your-face, even for me. My students could have a hard time focusing on my words as they become mesmerized by the raucous design. Add to that a decidedly bold ruffled neckline and butterfly sleeves, and I may just end up courting distraction disaster.

 

It does, however, fit this week's prompt of "flowing silhouette". It's long and elegant and it's got loads of ruffles at the hem that punctuate the overall billowy-ness. And maybe someday I can find an occasion to wear it beyond the confines of my sitting room.

 

For Alex’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: ruffles, fall colors, or unique sleeves/neckline. Vive le vendredi!


:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Dress – eBay Wedges – Dexflex @ Payless
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: One Hundred Sleepless Nights by Pierce the Veil
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment