Dec 19, 2013

Vibrant


Since I discovered personal style blogs, I've learned so much about how to put myself together in a fashionable and affordable way that is still "me."  I feel excited when I learn about a new trend and then suddenly start to notice it popping-up in stores.  I feel like some sort of fashion insider!

While I know I've come a long way, I also know I have much more to learn on my style journey.  Along with a laundry list of personal style goals, I sometimes just feel plain old overwhelmed by the wide world of fashion.  

This weekend I was contemplating what is currently "in" and here is a reproduction of the thoughts that raced through my head: "I'm really loving plaid lately.  What a fun trend.  And bold colors like cobalt and emerald, I really think they complement my skin tone.  But isn't cobalt always a trendy color?  Or maybe I said say "on trend" instead of "trendy."  Hmmm?  I also LOVE blush pink.  I've been reading that blush is a great winter color.  But are bold colors and blush pink both "in?"  Is one "out?"  Maybe I missed something...

Before I developed an "on trend" color-induced headache, I stopped myself.  After a bit of reflection I determined that fashion is like a revolving door.  Some things seem to be on constant rotation while others are on their way out but will inevitably return someday.  It is important to not lose sight of what you like and what you feel confident in!

So without further ado, let me show you how a few vibrant colors have me in the holiday spirit.  And then maybe tomorrow my blush pink scarf will have me feeling festive.  We shall see.


I wore this multi-color ensemble for a day of holiday sightseeing in Washington D.C.  To be quite honest, this outfit started-off in a completely different direction but quickly evolved into what you see here.  I had originally planned to wear this seasonally appropriate reindeer tee and cardigan with a pair of skinny jeans.  Unfortunately the fit of the t-shirt and the rise of my skinnies just wasn't flattering.  As I was in a hurry to look at Christmas lights, I just started throwing-on different skirts, tights and cardigans and voilà!  I LOVE how this outfit turned-out.  The color combination is so rich, the shirt festive and again with those fleece-lined tights!



I'm oh so excited to be sporting this beautiful watch that I first noticed on Inge's blog This Ever Evolving Life.  I immediately added it to my Christmas list and my lovely parents obliged!

What I'm Wearing:

Perfectly Coutured
vodkainfusedlemonade.com
Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. I'm not really bothered about what is on trend or not, to be honest. I wear what I like, no matter how old it is =)

    I love the blush pink cardigan and the tee!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I always wear what I like while remaining aware of trends. It all comes down to what you feel good and comfortable in :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Whitney - thanks for visiting my blog! I was based in Saint Avold, it's a small town near Metz in Lorraine. I was in a lycee from September - May 2007 doing the language assistant programme. I wish I was still there now - we got so many holidays! Where abouts were you?

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also did the language assistant program! I was there for the 2010-2011 school year and I was placed in Bordeaux (city center). I also wish I were still there! Oh to live in France again!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's amazing!

      Hope you had a great Christmas/New Year - you need to update!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Corinne, I did! Did you?

      Delete
  3. I love the purple/pink cardigan!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brynn. I'm excited to see what else I can pair it with.

      Delete
  4. I hope you had a fab holidays - and happy 2014 to you!

    ReplyDelete