I've been curious about Le Tote for quite awhile now, and given that it's my birthday month, I decided to splurge a little and see what it's all about!
- Subscribing to Le Tote costs $49 per month.
- Le Tote sends you a box filled with five clothing and jewelry items.
- You get to wear the pieces as much as you want, then send them back when you're done!
- As soon as you send your box back, Le Tote will send you a new one (yes, that means unlimited boxes each month)!
- If you like an item, you can purchase it at a discounted rate!
Now obviously there are pros and cons when you compare Le Tote to Stitch Fix. Le Tote is definitely more expensive compared to Stitch Fix's $20 boxes. However, with SF, you only wear what you decide to keep and pay for, there's no taking the rest of the pieces for a trial run. And not only do you get to wear all of your LT items, you can receive multiple boxes a month for the $49 whereas with SF, it's a one time deal.
Now on to my first Le Tote delivery! Here are the items I received:
To be honest, I was a little bit disappointed with my first "tote." There are a few items that I liked but I'm a bit underwhelmed overall. However, I think there are a few things I can do differently to ensure that I like my next delivery even better!
- Striped Shirt: This is my favorite item from my first tote. I had already "added it to my closet" to help my stylist understand my taste in clothing. If you've spent any amount of time reading Whitney à la mode, you know that I love stripes. So stripes going in different directions? Sign me up! I had fun wearing this shirt but the fit just wasn't perfect (too short sleeves) so I will be sending it back.
- Blue Dress: Holy cling! This dress is made from a thick, knit, clingy material. So lumps and bumps, you could see them all! Let's not even get started on the size of my behind in this dress. I won't even show you a picture. Yep, that bad.
- Cable-Knit Sweater: Umm, have you checked the weather in Alexandria lately? Clearly my stylist did not. It's been in the 80s here so I could barely convince myself to try this sweater on. Aside from that, I wasn't a fan of the zipper or the color or the fit.
- Pink Earrings: I also placed these earrings in my closet, so I was excited to receive them. I'm going to get one good wear out of them and then send them back so I can receive my next tote.
- Necklace: It's pretty and I'll wear it, I'm just not in love with it.
So there are a few things that I'm going to do to (hopefully) improve my next box. I wrongly assumed that the LT stylists take the weather into account when choosing your items. Since that isn't the case, I went back to my "Style Profile" and requested that I do not receive sweaters. If I'm still doing LT when the cooler weather rolls around, I'll go back and change that. I also realized that I wasn't excited to receive jewelry...probably because I love my Rocks Box subscription. I also went back and requested only clothing.
So please forgive this lengthy post, I just wanted to share my experience with you in case you've been considering Le Tote as well! If you are at all curious, I would greatly appreciate if you sign-up using my code. We each get $25 out of the deal!
As you can see, I really did enjoy wearing that striped top!
What I'm Wearing:
Fizz and Frosting- Mix It Mondays
I do DeClaire- Confident Twosdays