Dec 18, 2015

Blogging Besties: Skinny Jeans

Image (8)

Image (7) Image (5) Image (4)

This week is brought to you by: “ballet flats, floral top, pashmina scarf, a chunky cardigan, or skinny jeans”. For your viewing pleasure, I give you: skinny jeans. The extra bits: So the good news is that, in the month that I've taken a break from this blog, several positive things have resulted. My clothes shopping has pointedly declined; I've shut down my Poshmark store and have donated four full trash bags of my store's product to the Epilepsy Foundation's thrift store program; I finished knitting a wool blanket large enough to satisfy my husband; I have loads more free time on my hands to indulge in brainless, de-stress activities like binge watch Netflix shows (Daredevil and Jessica Jones were uh-mazing!) or play FB games (everyone needs to join me in breeding dragons on Dragon City).

The not-so-good news is that I do feel my sartorial IQ slipping. I've gotten rather lackadaisical about my outfits, and I actually, honestly don't really care all that much. I've not bothered with accessorizing or layering or pattern mixing for weeks now. I've worn the same pair of shoes two days in a row one time. And I think I'm looking more and more "age appropriate" and "mom-like" every day.

Thank Buddha for skinny jeans. They've become my de rigeur, go-to item because they allow me to be casually put together even in my gradual fashion decline. And lucky me, it happens to be one of my choices from Alex's ensemble last week.

Here, you see them worn in a perfect example of my new style niche - I like to call it #jcrewgoals. They've got that clean-cut, all-American, East Coast suburban vibe that I've always been drawn to but could never afford. However, with the help of Poshmark (yes, that's an authentic Downtown field jacket acquired for free because I had credit) and Old Navy (I get all my striped tops from them), I think I managed to successfully dupe a catalog-worthy look, yeah?

And kudos to my crafty, Pinterest-obsessed daughter for showing me how to cut the sleeves off a too-tight-across-the-shoulders sweatshirt and repurposing it as a vest rather than throwing it away. I'm gonna succeed in sustainable living yet!

Anyhow, Blogging Besties is taking a break so all four of us gals can enjoy friends and fam for the holidays (and watch Star Wars. Oh, that's just me? Okay then...)

So Selah’s got some time, but when we return in two weeks, she's tasked to play with the following: skinny jeans, furry boots, striped top, Fair Isle pattern, or favorite jacket.

Vive le vendredi! And season's greetings to one and all!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment