Jan 29, 2016

Blogging Besties: Buffalo Plaid

Last week, Alex fully rocked her red and black ensemble, weather and photo shoot snafus notwithstanding.

top-knot
 
So this week is brought to you by: “topknot, buffalo plaid, midi skirt, strappy heels, clutch, and winter glam! ”. For your viewing pleasure, I give you: buffalo plaid.

Image (16)

Image (15)

Image (14)

Image (13)

The extra bits: End of first semester and big things, they are a-happenin' in my life. I'll refrain from boring you all with the dirty, little details since they'll be meaningless to most anyhow. Suffice to say, never have I looked forward to retirement more than I have recently. Insert "grrr!" face here. My general malaise rolls over into sartorial territory, unfortunately. Alex gave me such a wonderful palette of style options last week, so I feel particularly guilty for not rising to the occasion. Because how adorable would a TARDIS blue midi tulle skirt have been paired with this buffalo plaid knotted at the waist with some camel peep-toe stilettos and a sparkly statement necklace thrown in the mix? And it's not as if I had weather woes plaguing me, what with our SoCal climes falling at most into the low 60s this week. (Yeah, yeah, I know. Don't rub it in!) But general malaise is a brutal mistress, so all you get from me this Blogging Besties turn around is more of my same old, same old M.O. - dress down casual that teeters on the brink of almost too cheeky and cavalier to be work appropriate. Even my attempt at a topknot (see first pic) is underwhelmingly haphazard, to say the least. Thank Buddha a blazer elevates any outfit, right? And although my fave Macbeth quote immortalized on a pendant pretty much sums up my current state of affairs, at least I summoned up enough wherewithal to accessorize. For Selah's outing next week, then, I leave her with: layers, monochrome, or a literary-inspired accessory. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Buffalo plaid top – Old Navy Blazer – Gap via Poshmark Jeans – F21 Shoes – Chucks aka Converse

:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Breakable by Ingrid Michaelson
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment