May 25, 2016

A Nautical Look for Style Perspectives

It seems to me that nautical-inspired outfits are a fresh and in-style look each time summer rolls around.  Because who doesn't think about the seashore and salty ocean waves when the weather is warmer?!  I think the reoccurring appearance of nautical pieces every year makes this look a true summer classic!  Nicole has picked this sunny style for the ladies of The Blended Blog to feature today.

What comes to your mind when you think about putting together a seafaring-inspired outfit?  Stripes, navy, blues, espadrilles and gold accessories are, to me, defining elements of nautical style.



Stripes, check! Navy, check!  Blues, espadrilles and gold accessories, check, check and check!

I wanted to wear this swing dress from Old Navy as soon as it arrived at my doorstep!  It is so so comfortable and flattering (not to mention classically nautical).  It will be fun to play around with different cardigans and accessories but for its first outing, I stuck with monochromatic blues.

I actually wore this outfit on Mother's Day.  My mom and I had a lovely day spent shopping, indulging in sushi and sipping on wine.  I'm lucky to have a mom who I have so much fun with!


Can we take a quick moment to admire this purse?  This is possibly the nicest purse that I've ever owned.  I love the color for spring and summer but the quality leather and shape make it a purse that I can use for years to come. I purchased the purse using Shopbop credits.  I'm so grateful for my experience working with Shopbop because I can treat myself to quality pieces that I wouldn't normally be able to afford.


Well friends, this wraps up the Style Perspectives series for The Blended Blog!  Please link-up your nautical looks below!


But before we get to that link-up, I'm excited to announce the next style series with TBB!  Do you remember Create28 that I've done with Carrie and Casey?  Well we are switching it up and doing it with our friends from The Blended Blog this time.  YOU are still an important part of this challenge so you will still receive daily style prompts and link-ups will be available on Wednesdays.  Here are the prompts for the first week!




And before you link-up, here are the graduation-inspired looks from each lovely TBB contributor!


What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Gift (similar, similar)
Purse: Shopbop (similar)
Shoes: DSW (similar, similar)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment