Jun 6, 2018

Currently: Engagement Edition


Good morning, lovelies, something exciting happened over Memorial Day Weekend!  Justin proposed!

I thought that this month's currently would be a fun way to share my happy news!  So here's what I'm currently...

traveling: For Memorial Day Weekend, I traveled to Traverse City, Michigan with Justin and my parents to run the Bayshore 10k, to celebrate my birthday, and unknowingly to get engaged!

We arrived Friday evening.  While my parents rested at the condo, Justin and I went to pick-up our race bibs and shirts.  Afterwards, we planned to drive the race course so I could get a feel for what my first 10k would look like.  The course runs up, then down the Old Mission Peninsula with beautiful views of the water for much of the race.  At the exact halfway point, there was a little wooden staircase down to a private dock overlooking the bay.  Justin asked if I wanted to get out and enjoy the view.  Unassumingly, I agreed.

Once on the dock, Justin said the loveliest, most romantic things to me.  But honestly, I had no clue what was coming next (Justin regularly says sweet things to me)!  I only figured-out what was happening as Justin was fumbling in his pocket and was on his way down to his knee.  He asked me to marry him with the most beautiful ring (that he helped to design) nestled inside my Great Grandma Winnie's engagement ring box.  The moment was more perfect than I could have imagined.  Of course I said, "yes!"

The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of running, sharing the big news with friends and family, celebrating with lots of wine and wedding magazines, and basking in the engagement glow (I don't think I've stopped smiling since)!


playing: around with wedding ideas!  I've always wanted a wedding during the holidays.  Combine my love of Christmas with Justin's love of winter sports (snowboarding) and we are hoping for an elegant, ski lodge affaire during the holiday season of 2019.  We've also picked-out a tentative color pallet that includes both of our favorite colors!  Side note: would you like to hear more about the wedding planning process here?  I'm not really sure how much I want to share on such a public forum, just looking for feelers.

exploring: possible wedding venues.  Ideally we would have our wedding at an actual ski lodge.  We are going to look at a couple in person later this month.  If the lodges don't quite fit, we will be looking for other spaces to create the same elegant, winter, mountainy vibe.  Michiganders, any suggestions?


grilling: a big cook-out on the 4th of July where our families are going to meet for the first time.  Our moms met in a chance encounter this fall but no one else knows each other yet.  My sister and her family will be in town for the week so we're super excited for our loved ones to come together at our house for good food and fireworks later!

planting: the seeds of our life together!  I know it sounds cheesy, but I am just so excited to be married to this guy!  Before I met him, I didn't know that guys this great existed.  I am so very blessed to have him as my partner in life.


Linking-up with Anne and Sarah!



Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment