Apr 19, 2019

J'adore 4.19.19


Welcome to J'adore, my weekly space for sharing what makes me happy lately.

1.  Notre Dame de Paris.  Of course you saw the news this week about the massive fire that destroyed parts of the infamous cathedral, Notre Dame de Paris.  As I watched the footage and feared the loss of this beautiful, historic structure, I thought about what this church has meant to so many people.  I've visited Notre Dame many times and even attended Christmas Mass there in 2008.  Regardless of your religious belief, when you step inside the cathedral, you feel something -- the faith, the history, the architecture, the art, the literature.  I'm so relieved that the main structure was saved, that so many more people will be able to visit, and that the sense of purpose one feels while inside will live on.  By the way, did you ever notice that the graphic I created for this J'adore series is a picture I took of Notre Dame in the springtime?

2.  The Tracy Crosswhite Series by Robert Dugoni.  It's no secret that I love to read a good murder mystery.  I started this series of novels about detective, Tracy Crosswhite, several years ago and am always happy when I come across a new book in the series.  I just finished the fifth novel, Close to Home, and recommend these books to anyone who likes a suspenseful story featuring a tough-as-nails detective with a tragic past.

3.  Coconut Skincare Products.  It may be spring, but most days it doesn't feel like it around these parts.  But the brief glimpses we have had of the sun make me fully ready for the warmer months and the fun that come along with them!  For the time being, though, a few coconut-scented skincare products are helping me to channel summer.  I've been using the Acure Brightening Coconut Cleansing Towelettes for the nights that I'm too lazy to wash my face and the Georgette Klinger Coconut Cleansing Milk when I do wash my face.  Both smell like the perfect day at the beach!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment