Apr 18, 2014

Style Swap with Alex

I hope that you are beginning to recognize Alex from Undergraduate Style by now due to our various guest posts and style swaps!  If you haven't checked-out her blog yet, you must because she is just the best!


Alex and I had so much fun swapping styles before that we decided to do it again!  As soon as Alex asked if I was game, I immediately knew which of her outfits I wanted to "steal."  (Is it stealing if I give her credit?)



I know I've mentioned the versatility of detailed blouses before, but these wardrobe staples become even more important to me as the temperature rises.  When it gets hot, layering scarves and blazers to add interest just isn't an option.  For that reason, I love sleeveless blouses with cute details (like the real bow and the cute printed bows on this blouse).  You can throw one on with a pair of jeans or shorts and you are good to go!



In other news, have you seen this picture that is making its way around the interwebz?


Allergies have seriously been kicking my behind lately!  Pollen in the Washington D.C. area is out of control (I didn't have such serious issues in the lovely state of Michigan, that is for sure).  Anyway, I am currently enjoying my spring break by sitting on the couch with my cat and a roll of toilet paper that I'm using as Kleenex.  I know, I know, cue the song "Glamourous" by Fergie.

And don't forget to stop by Alex's blog to see which of my styles she recreated today!

What I'm Wearing:
Blouse: LOFT (similar, similar) <--Neither of these feature bows but I liked the ruffles and stripes!
Jeans: LOFT (exact)
Sandals: From France (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
Penniless Socialite- Favorite Fashion Friday
Simple Sequins- Fashion Item Friday- Think Pink! (let's support Renae as she continues to fight cancer!)
Style Elixir- Friday's Fab Favorites
Bookmark and Share

26 comments:

  1. How cute!! Love this look on both of you!! I haven't seen that pic of pollen yet but I completely agree!! My allergies have been killing me!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! No amount of Claritin seems to be helping!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I'm so glad we did this again, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was almost like Christmas morning finding-out which of my styles you decided to use :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! You both look great in this look. I love the bow (and bows!) on your top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) My students always think that the print is little horses for some reason. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Looking good, and Alex does too. Very cute. Style swapping seems like a lot of fun. Would love to try it sometime. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! "The Brandied Pair" and "My New Favorite Outfit" used to do an actual Style Swap Link-Up. I'm hoping they will do it again because it was so fun!

      Delete
  5. Pink is a GORGEOUS color on you, and this shirt is perfection, which is no surprise. It's from LOFT; do they ever not knock it out of the park? The bows are so darling, and I so wish I had this top in my closet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're right, you can never go wrong with LOFT! I just have to be careful not to spend too much money in there :)

      Delete
  6. So cute that you copied Alex' Spring break look on your Spring break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Selah! I didn't even occur to me that this was her Spring break look also! Too funny!

      Delete
  7. Adorable! Both of you & I love both looks. The colors are great on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This shade of pink is definitely one of my favorites!

      Delete
  8. This is so much fun. I adore the pink blouse. Not only is it my favourite colour but the print is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Imogen! I agree! LOFT nailed it with the pink AND the bows!

      Delete
  9. You both look fab! I love detailed tops too. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a sweet comment Whitney, much appreciated>

    http://thecookingwardrobe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, yourself :)

      Delete
  10. OMG Whitney you look adorable and so ready for Spring. I absolutely love bow-tie blouses and I love a bow print. Your top has both - how cute!

    Hope you had a Lovely Easter. Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ada! I definitely hit a bow home run! Haha. I hope you had a wonderful Easter as well!

      Delete
  11. What a fun idea....a style swap! What's the point in sharing outfits with each other if we can't use them, right?!

    That's so funny..the death star comparison with pollen. It really is SO bad this year. I have to take out my contacts at 4 every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We might as well draw inspiration from one another! Good luck with those allergies...I'm finding I can't live without Claritin!

      Delete
  12. That's such a cute blouse! I love the double bows- the print detail AND the bow in front. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite a perfect blouse, in my opinion :)

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love your top! The color and bows are too cute!

    ReplyDelete