Feb 21, 2014

Style Swap with Undergraduate Style

Have you stopped by The Brandied Pair or My New Favorite Outfit lately?  If so, you will have noticed that Jenn and Ginny have started a fun, new link-up called Style Swap!  In order to participate, you choose a blogging buddy and then recreate her look.  Or, the two of you can agree upon a style that you both want to create.  I know that I read style blogs to draw inspiration from other ladies, and this link-up is great motivation to actually use a look that inspires me!

When I learned about this link-up, I immediately knew that I wanted to swap styles with Alex from Undergraduate Style.  I have developed a fun relationship with Alex via the internet.  You can truly feel her kindness and enthusiasm through reading her blog.  We also share our taste in fashion and have similar pieces in our closet.

Alex was immediately game to swap styles and mentioned that she has a teal skirt similar to mine.  We decided to go with the teal skirts plus a few stripes to create our looks!  And voilà!  Our swapped styles!


I promise that we did not actually discuss the black and white striped tops or the black tights before wearing our outfits and sharing our photos!  I guess great minds think alike, right Alex?

I love the way that my outfit turned-out for a couple of reasons.  First, the teal skirt and this particular striped shirt are wardrobe staples of mine.  The looks are classic and they fit well!  Both pieces pair really easily with so many other items in my closet...so naturally I would put them together!


Also, as I mentioned in this post, stripes and leopard are two of my favorite patterns to mix.  Wearing leopard print flats with a striped top is my go-to method of mixing patterns.  You just can't go wrong with this combination!  Plus I got to wear this adorable belt that my parents gave to me for Christmas.  A bow and leopard print?  I am in belt heaven!


Make sure to check-out Undergraduate Style to learn a little more about Alex's look!  You may have noticed that I practically live in booties so obviously I love what she's done with her look!  I also really like her statement necklace. It really pulls in the blue hue of the skirt and pops against her striped top.

And I'm still rocking those red lips!

What I'm Wearing:

My New Favorite Outfit
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. Super fun and lovely looks!! Adore the colorful skirt with bold black and white :)

    www.fashionistastyle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun look! I love the pops of leopard. Thanks for linking up with the Style Swap!!
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn! And thank you for hosting such a fun link-up!

      Delete
  3. Yay for blog friends! I'm so glad you contacted me about this cause I'd never heard about it before! Ahhhh, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls look adorable! The stripes and teal is fab, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting such a fun link-up and for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I've been loving everyone's style swaps; you both look great! This outfit is really cute and so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! the leopard bow belt is the best thing ever.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? And thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete