Jan 25, 2014

Winter Pastels


I don't know about you, but immediately after the holidays are over, I find myself ready for spring clothing.  I embrace the plaid, the cozy sweaters and the dark hues until January 2nd when I decide it's time for sundresses and bright colors.

I do, however, think that part of looking stylish is dressing appropriately for the weather and for the season.  "High School Whitney" was okay with wearing a skirt with bare legs in February because she thought it was cute.  "Grown-Up Whitney" thinks that "High School Whitney" looks a bit silly (and chilly)!  For this reason, I try to continually embrace winter clothing until the sun really does come out.  Also, I know that when the temperature rises, I'm going to miss layering a button-up under a sweater...so I might as well layer-up for as long as possible.

In order to embrace the inter weather while satisfying my need for something springy, I turn to pastel colors.  Pastels are often associated with springtime but I also think that they are a refreshing accent color during the colder seasons.  They brighten-up an outfit but they are still soft and serene, two feelings I associate with winter.


Blush pink has always been a favorite color of mine and I have been wearing an awful lot of it lately.  I just want to bury myself in this chunky, blush scarf!  Perfect for lightening-up an outfit while keeping warm!  Here I've layered it over my favorite comfy dress.  I'm also wearing patterned tights to add whimsical detail to a basic outfit.



How do you satisfy your craving for spring clothing while still staying warm?

What I'm Wearing:

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. This scarf is perfect for still-winter-but-wishing-for-spring like you said! It's heavy and warm but the light pink color is fun. Cute tights too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel suddenly obsessed with this scarf...I just can't stop wearing it!

      Delete
  2. I love that scarf, and your dress is really flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete