Jul 27, 2015

Create28: Pinned It & Did It

Carrie, Casey and I have something fun in store for you today for Create28: Summer Looks!  Each one of us has put together a "Pinned It & Did It" look from Pinterest.  When you're finished here, head over to A Lovely Little Wardrobe and A Little Bit of Cheer to see how my beautiful friends interpreted their pinned inspiration!

I use Pinterest for style inspiration in a couple of different ways.  First of all, I have a "Style Inspiration" board for any look that I find that I love.  I glance through this board when I'm in a rut, when thinking about what holes I have to fill in my closet and when trying to define my personal style.

I also have boards for "Cool Weather Clothes" and "What to Wear when it's Warm."  In order for a pin to make the cut for these boards, the look has to feature items that are similar to what I have in my closet.  In other words, I can already recreate these looks with what I have.


I often add to the latter two boards when I purchase a new item of clothing.  For example, I recently added this J.Crew Factory olive skirt to my closet.  I had been searching for olive jeans without much luck when I happened upon the skirt instead.  Olive makes for a great neutral so I turned to Pinterest for some outfit inspiration!


I incorporated elements from both of these pinned looks into my final creation.  The first pin showed me that black and white stripes pair beautifully with olive and the second pin convinced me to throw-in some leopard print!

Pardon the wrinkles, I took these photos at the end of the day!


Don't forget to visit Carrie and Casey today to see their "Pinned It and Did It" looks!  And we want to see yours, too.  Show us on Insta (#create28summer looks) and in the link-up below!  Please link-up all of your Create28 looks from the past week!

Here are our favorite looks from last week: My Closet Catalogue and Style Attitude.


And our most clicked links from Charming Lucy and Marty's Musings!


Finally, you only have a couple more days left to snab that $75 gift card to your choice of Gap Brand Stores, LOFT, Nordstrom or Target!  Enter below!







What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (exact)
Belt: Charming Charlie (similar, similar)
Flats: DSW (exact)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment