Jul 22, 2015

Create28: A Summer Skirt Look

I LOVE skirts. But for some reason, skirts don't typically end up in my closet. I confessed in this post that I had never owned a pencil skirt before!!! Because my lifestyle is so casual (3 young kids), I think I tend to shy away from skirts because I feel like they are "too dressy." However, last year I purchased this cargo-type skirt at Loft and I really love it! It totally fits my casual lifestyle and is a great alternative to shorts in the spring and summer.




I can just throw on this skirt with a  casual tee and sandals and I am just as comfortable in it as I would be in shorts or jeans. Plus, it has pockets so that's always a HUGE plus!! If you're looking for a casual skirt, here are some great options:


Once in awhile though, I am glad I have my pencil skirt for more dressy occasions. But you know me, I can never go toooooo dressy! In this post, I dressed down my pencil skirt with a denim vest  and casual wedges ~


Here I dressed down the same skirt with a simple graphic tee....but I did add heels and bling, though...FANCY, right??!!!


Skirt: c/o Shabby Apple (exact)

Get Your Pretty On Tee - proceeds from the sale of this shirt go to the Pretty Strong foundation to help women undergoing cancer treatment. Click HERE for the shirt (TONS of options!)

I absolutely love this skirt from Shabby Apple! Their quality is top notch and they have the most ADORABLE skirts and dresses! You can see all of my Shabby Apple faves in this post.

Click here and use the code BLUES for 15% off all Shabby Apple skirts and dresses!
The more I try skirts, the more I warm up to them. Are you a "skirt person??" What are your favorite types of skirts? Here is more summer skirt inspiration!

Follow A Little Bit of Cheer's board Summer Skirts on Pinterest.
 
Join Carrie here tomorrow when she talks about summer layering. I can't wait to see her look! Don't forget to enter the raffle for a $75 Gift card!!

Entry-Form


Don't forget to follow A Little Bit of Cheer on Facebook HERE

I'm on Instagram now! Yippeee! Follow me HERE

Follow any of my boards on Pinterest HERE 

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE  

See where I link up HERE

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment