Sep 26, 2016

Should I Splurge on Pink Converse?

If you've ever found yourself asking this question, the answer is YES!  Since purchasing my classic, white Converse about a year and a half ago, they've gotten a ton of wear.  This summer I found myself wanting a pair in a pop of color but wasn't sure how well they would fit into my wardrobe.  Then, a $10 rewards coupon from DSW convinced me to go ahead and give them a try!  Do I regret my decision?  Not one bit!  I've already found bunches of different ways to wear them!  In fact, this week I'm doing a three-part series on how to wear pink Converse.


To me, the key to wearing colored shoes is often keeping the rest of the outfit neutral.  That will be a reoccurring theme throughout this mini-series.  While I'm wearing pink Converse here, these outfits could be recreated with any color or classic white sneakers.

For this first look I started with a stretchy, grey sheath dress and the Converse.  I found it needing something else and tried several necklaces.  The outfit still wasn't quite working for me so I turned to my trusty denim vest and voilà!  When in doubt, add a layer of denim, am I right?!



I've already worn this outfit twice.  Once to school and the second time to a Blues Festival in Old Town Lansing.  Although to the music festival I wore a denim jacket instead of the vest making this a great transitional outfit!  I felt comfy and cute the entire time I had this on!

Pink Converse Outfit One = Solid Neutral Dress + Denim Layer + Converse

Come back tomorrow for my second pink Converse look!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: LOFT Outlet (similar, similar)
Denim Vest: Old Navy (similar)
Converse: DSW (exact)
Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment