Sep 2, 2016

Blogging Besties: Styled by Someone Else


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!


Last week, Whitney wore a lovely summer outfit styled by her sister! My sister and I share a love of fashion and regularly steal each others' clothes, so it was only natural to pass on the element "styled by someone else" and have her craft an outfit for me! 

My sister is a bit more trendy and edgy than me when it comes to style, so I wasn't surprised that this outfit revolved around my new lace-up flats! She styled a work outfit for me with chinos and a lace top, finishing off the look with a purple statement necklace. I love the contrast between the plum in the necklace and the olive color of the pants! Overall--I'd say she did a pretty great job :)





The elements that Maricel can pass on next week are: lace-up shoes, lace, chinos, or a fall transition look! 

Top: JC Penney (similarsimilarsimilar)
Pants: Old Navy (exactsimilarsimilar)
Necklace: thrifted via Plato's Closet (similarsimilarsimilar)
Flats: Target (exactsimilarsimilar)
Watch: c/o JORD (exact)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment