Mar 17, 2017

Blogging Besties :: Layers

Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
  Last week, Alex was fire with her pop of color.


This week is brought to you by: “layers, hot pink, corduroys, or a vest". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: layers.

 

 It's a bit of a cheat, really. Yes, I have on an oversized cardi (my librarian cardi, as Aly calls it) which, on its own, would certainly count as a layering piece already. But I know you expect a little more than "good enough" from me, my friends, so I paired my cardi with a piece that looks like a sweater over a dress - more layers! - but is in fact a two-in-one affair. I guess dickeys were a thing for a while in the 70s, but I missed that boat entirely so the concept of faux layers isn't as horrifying to me as it ought to be. I quite like the efficiency of throwing on one thing while mimicking two things, and without the bulk of two things at that. This is a definite plus for me, living in the warmer climes of SoCal like I do. I also appreciate the minimal thinking involved in utilizing these two-in-one pieces. The designer has already done the color/pattern pairing for you; all you have to do is add accessories, a decision made simple by pulling from the pre-created palette. Oh, and I love that I don't have to do that discreet, skirt flip-shirt tug move that usually plagues me when I wear layers. (I just have to make sure my heavy cardi doesn't fall off my sloping shoulders.)

   

 The biggest bonus for this particular ensemble, however, is that it's thrifted vintage. I'm traveling decades, setting aside the 40s for the present and moving into my 60s phase right now. Go, polyester! For Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: mustard, polka dots, or something thrifted/gifted/vintage. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Dress – eBay Cardi – F21 Boots - Ross
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: The Calendar by Panic! at the Disco
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment