Nov 8, 2017

The Holiday Series: Thanksgiving Day Outfit


Can we really be kicking-off the holiday season?!  I truly believe that this is the most wonderful time of year and I really enjoy holiday style.  For these reasons, I was super excited when Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood invited me to be a part of The Holiday Series.  Over the course of six posts, a group of bloggers will be sharing:
Thanksgiving Day Outfits
Black Friday Shopping Outfits
Holiday Home Tours
Holiday Wedding Outfits
Christmas Outfits
New Years' Eve Outfits
So get ready for some fun, holiday inspiration!


My family falls somewhere in the middle in terms of the dress code for Thanksgiving Day.  We like to look nice and put-together but we still want to be comfortable during and post-turkey feast.  We aren't a sweatpants bunch but you won't find us in dresses and heals either.

This year I'm opting for floral, velvet top with stretchy skinny jeans.  Velvet is so in this season and feels festive for the holidays.  The swingy, peplum style of this top will be perfect for hiding that inevitable food baby.  I also think that the colors are perfect for late fall.  And jeggings are the next best thing to sweatpants or leggings, am I right?!

This year my family and boyfriend are celebrating Turkey Day at my sister and brother-in-law's new home in Colorado.  I'm excited for good food, my favorite people and exploring a new city!

What are your plans for Thanksgiving and what does your family typically wear?  If you are looking for more inspiration, make sure to check-out the looks of the other bloggers participating in The Holiday Series.





Read on to see everyone's Thanksgiving plans!


Michelle: "On Thanksgiving, it's all about food, family & comfort! Adding a vest to jeans & a blouse is the perfect way to make a casual outfit appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner!"

Chrissy: "Every year our family of six hops in our minivan and travels to central Illinois to celebrate Thanksgiving with my husband’s side of the family. I chose this outfit because I love the colors, as well as the reminder to be thankful."

Kristin: "Living overseas makes it hard to be home for Thanksgiving, so this year my husband and I will attend a casual Friendsgiving. This red flannel has been in my closet FOREVER and I love it for Thanksgiving because it's as traditionally 'fall' as you can get!"

Shelbee: "This year for Thanksgiving, we are joining our best friends at their house and decided we might want to dress up just for the fun of dressing up.  I chose a black knit long sleeve dress with lots of stretch to accommodate for food intake.  My favorite red paisley blazer to add some color and tall black boots with a modest heel.  A statement necklace completes the outfit.  Comfortable, chic, and fun!"

Monica: "Hey y'all!  The Thanksgiving holiday will be here sooner than we think!  I wanted to show one of the many outfits that I'll be choosing from on Thanksgiving.  Over the past few years I've loved the whole casual vibes for Thanksgiving.  I also make sure to find outfit that will hide the food baby I'll have after eating on Thanksgiving!  Since the fiance and I go to two different places on Thanksgiving we eat double.  With that being said, I love this top because the sleeves are such a statement that no one will be looking at your stomach.  Plus, it's a super cute top.  The pants are really comfy and have stretch to them, so you won't have to worry about your pants not being able to expand, these will expand with you lol.  Check out more looks like this one on my blog Jersey Girl, Texan Heart.  As always, thank you to Ada for hosting this awesome collab!​"

Linda: " I love dressing up but I always need to be comfortable enough to serve and get everything ready for our guests. This Old Navy Tunic is a fav that can be dressed up or down at will.  With fun leggings and OTK boots I am fall appropriate.  Adding the pearls seemed to dress it up slightly."

Lee: "Hi, I’m Lee and my blog is Wine & Couture.  This year I am hosting, for the first time, Thanksgiving Dinner at my home.  I am excited to decorate and have family over to share good food with."

Kellyann: "Our Thanksgiving plans include dinner with our family.  We usually eat outside and don't expect cold weather so this dress and booties are perfect!"

Ada: "My Thanksgiving plans are laid-back. Some of my family members work till the afternoon. But we will get together, have a bigger meal than usual, talk, drink coffee and love on each-other. I chose a semi-dressy outfit this year consisting of a thick, brick-red skirt (it has the cutest pockets) with a forest green+navy plaid shirt and some fun sparkly white booties to glam it up. Also, I chose a long coatigan (cardigan sweater) as a topper."

Whitney: "This year I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family and boyfriend at my sister's new home in Colorado Springs.  I usually want to be comfortable (obviously) but a little bit dressed-up and festive, so this year I'm wearing an on trend velvet top in fall colors."

Jennie: "We are looking forward to having our four sons, daughter-in-law, and dogs together under one roof again for Thanksgiving! My autumnal colored shift dress is not only stylish with its bell sleeves, but also works well with leggings for a comfortable look that will disquise my holiday food baby!"

What I'm Wearing:
Top: My Sister's Closet (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Loafers: J.Crew Factory (exact)

Where I'm linking-up!





Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment