Sep 18, 2014

Channeling Zelda

I'm so excited!  I finally have my act together enough to participate in Maricel and Selah's series, Thoughtful Third Thursday!  If you recall from the one and only time I participated in the past, for the T3 challenge I allow my look to be inspired by literature.  Combining my beloved books with fashion?  Don't mind if I do!


This month, "Mandatory High School Reads" serve as the jumping-off point for a book-inspired ensemble!

I have always been fascinated by flapper fashion and I seem to have the roaring twenties on my mind lately.  I am currently reading Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler.  I've only read about a quarter of the book but I'm enjoying this unique perspective of the vivacious Zelda Fitzgerald née Sayre.  Zelda's real-life spunk and the adventures she shared with her husband are fascinating and it's fun to read this fictionalized account of life from her perspective.



So, in honor of Miss Zelda, I have chosen The Great Gatsby as my T3 inspiration this month.  Gatsby was, in my opinion, one of the more enjoyable books that I was required to read in high school.  That being said, I'm not sure that I truly grasped how terribly tragic the story is.  I'm delighted to have read the novel in high school but I also think it is a story to revisit as an adult.

In channeling Zelda, I chose a cocktail shift with twenties-esque beading.  I've worn this little number to a couple of parties before (and most certainly will do again) but I wanted to create a jazzy date night ensemble for this post.  To dress things down and make the sparkles a little bit more wearable, I added some flats and a denim vest.  I think this will be cute with a denim jacket when it gets a little bit cooler!



I'm contemplating dressing-up as a flapper for Halloween!  Do you think this would be a good dress to wear?

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Old (similar, similar)
Flats: DSW (similar, similar)
Vest: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment