Sep 5, 2014

Blogging Besties: Polka Dot Blouse

It's that time of the week again! Yes, yes, time for the weekend...but it's also time for another installment of Blogging Besties-- a "take one, pass it on" challenge between friends!  Last week, Alex of Undergraduate Style, "passed on" a denim vest to create this adorable ensemble:


From her look, I decided to take my version of a polka dotted blouse to pass on.  I've styled this blouse before with dark skinnies so I decided to be a little bit more creative this time around!


I layered the patterned blouse under a structured shift dress for a professional look that I can wear to teach.  The polka dots in the shirt are grey and orange so I threw on a pop-of-color necklace and a pair of heels to pull out the bright hue.


I've only ever layered solid-colored shirts under this dress before so I feel quite pleased with my creativity!  Alright Alex, here's what you have to work with: a patterned blouse, a structured dress, a statement necklace and pop-of-color heels!  Let's see what you've got!


Previous Editions of Blogging Besties:

Featured On:

What I'm Wearing:
Blouse: Target (similar, similar)
Dress: Target (similar, similar)
Necklace: Lia Sophia (similar, similar)
Heels: DSW (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
Rachel the Hat and Lena B, Actually- Passion 4 Fashion
Simple Sequins- Fashion Item Friday
Style Elixir- Fridays Fab Faves
Vodka Infused Lemonade- Très Chic Fashion Thursday
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment