Aug 22, 2014

Blogging Besties

Happy Friday, loves!  I am so excited to introduce you to a new series and collaboration that I will be doing with one of my best blogging buddies, Alex, from Undergraduate Style!

If you are a regular reader of personal style blogs, you may have heard of a "take one, pass it on" challenge.  During a typical run of this challenge, I would start by putting together and wearing an outfit.  The next day, I would take one element from the first outfit and wear it in my second outfit.  The third day, I then take a different element from the second outfit and wear it with my third.  I would follow this pattern until the end of the challenge.


Here is an example of what this might look like.  You will notice that I took the dress from the first outfit to wear in the second.  From the second ensemble, I took the belt to wear in the third photo.

Got it?  Good!  And now for the twist!  Alex and I are going to do this together!  I'm kicking-off the challenge today and then next week you will see which element of my outfit Alex is passing-on.  The following Friday it will be my turn again (and so on and so forth).  Obviously Alex and I don't own the exact same wardrobes so we will be doing this challenge with items that are as similar as possible.

Without further ado, here is the first look of the series!




The basic elements of this ensemble are my beloved denim vest, a simple black dress, a long pendant necklace and flat cognac sandals.  Alright Alex, let's see what you've got!

Don't forget to check back next Friday for Alex's first installment of this series!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: ASOS (similar, similar)
Denim Vest: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Necklace: Gift (similar, similar)
Sandals: Target (exact)

Linking-Up:
Rachel the Hat and Lena B Actually- Passion 4 Fashion
Simply Sequins- Fashion Item Friday
Style Elixir- Friday's Fab Faves
Vodka Infused Lemonade- Très Chic Fashion Thursday
Work Clothes, I Suppose- Third Thursday Threads
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment