Aug 11, 2014

Oh the Lazy Days of Summer

Soooo, I've been a little bit absent from the blogging world of late.  I wish I had a good excuse for you but the truth is, I've been enjoying my lazy summer days.  Have I had the time to write a blog post, respond to comments, and visit my favorite blogs?  Sure!  Have I been reading books, napping and drinking wine with my family and friends instead?  You betcha!  Alas, all of this glorious relaxation time will soon come to a close as I trade my yoga pants and MSU t-shirts for teacher clothes and alarm clocks starting a week from today!  But don't worry, I'm prepared to squeeze out every little bit of this summertime calm before I'm back to spending my days teaching French, grading papers and creating lesson plans.


Speaking of being lazy, however, I wore this outfit over two months ago but just now got around to posting about it.  I wore this ensemble for my birthday...in May.  The coral dress and gold accessories felt really pretty and special, so I really don't know why I didn't blog about it!  Anyways, better late than never, right?!  (At least until my students start trying to use this logic regarding their homework).


This is an outfit that is truly a result of my exposure to the world of style blogging.  This dress came with a thin sash/belt in the same color and fabric as the dress.  Before learning about remixing clothing and incorporating accessories to change up a look, I would have just stuck with that sash.  While the sash makes for a pretty ensemble, it is a lot more fun to play with different belts!  


I had to throw in a selfie to show off the adorable Kate Spade earrings that were a birthday gift from my thoughtful sister and brother-in-law.  Thanks, Kayla and Brad!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Simply Charming Boutique, Winchester, VA (similar, similar)
Belt: Francesca's (similar, similar)
Shoes: France (similar, similar)
Earrings: Kate Spade (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
DC In Style- Monday Bloom
The Modern Austen- Sunday Best
I Do DeClaire- Confident TWOSdays
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment