Sep 27, 2014

September Budget


Do you breathe just a little bit easier on Saturday mornings?  I know I do!  I had a super busy week that involved Back to School Night on Monday, interim grades due on Thursday and the Homecoming football game last night.  That just means that on this relaxing Saturday morning, my leisurely cup of coffee tastes a little bit sweeter!

My September Budget post is relatively short and simple.  I am on a quarterly budget system and September is the last month of this quarter.  I had only $34 to spend this month and I'm please with how I spent it.  I think I'm finally getting used to a clothing budget because I didn't struggle as much with wanting all the things despite having very little money left to spend.

1.  Banana Republic Quilted Whisper Tee: Original Price- $45 Price Spent-$23
I just couldn't wait for the weather to cool off so that I could wear this top (obviously since I already wore it here).  I couldn't pass-up on the quilted shoulder detail and the rich fall hue.
2.  Banana Republic Faux-Leather Trim Striped TopOriginal Price- $49.50 Price Spent-$18
I liked the little pops of leather trend from last fall but didn't purchase anything at the time.  That's why I was excited to see that leather is back in this year...and I decided that I had to participate!  I like that just the shoulder patches are leather.  I'm not ready for full on rocker chic yet!
3.  Copy Cat Zara Blanket Scarf (Cotton On)Original Price- $16.95 Price Spent-$11
If you read a single style blog last fall/winter, you know about the Zara blanket scarf.  I wanted one so badly but the coveted scarves were sold-out by the time I got around to purchasing one.  When Alex posted on Instagram that she had found a copy cat version, I knew I wanted to buy it.  I don't even care if it is last year's trend.  I can't wait to wear it!

Alright, so I know that I only had $34 remaining in my budget and I spent $52.  However, from my Banana Republic, I received a $20 off my next purchase coupon so I'm calling it even!

Total Spent August- $32
Total Spent this Quarter- $247.00 (Total Saved $530)
Total Remaining- $3


As always, linking-up as one of Fran's Budgeting Bloggers
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment