Jun 16, 2015

Chapters

Good morning, my lovely friends!  I have quite the announcement to make today.  It's my last day.  And no, not just my last day of the school year, it's my last day working as an LHS Charger!

For the last couple of months, I've been anxiously awaiting the day that I could share with you the news of some big changes happening in my life.  I'm moving back to my beloved state of Michigan!  I've landed a wonderful position teaching French in my dream school district.  On top of that, I'll be so close to my family, close friends, and a certain handsome guy in my life.  I am so very excited to embark on this next chapter in my life!

That being said, like any big change, there is definitely some bittersweet involved.  I've grown to love living in my charming apartment in Alexandria, Virginia.  I've made such a cherished group of friends who turned into family when I felt all alone here.  I've learned so very much during the three years I've spent at my first big girl job.  At the risk of sounding cheesy, I really grew into who I am during this chapter of my life and it's an experience that I will forever hold close.

Are you crying yet?  I am.  So I'm going to mop up my tears and get on the clothing part of this post!


This is the suit that I wore to interview for my brand new position!  I have to admit that I only pull this combination out of the depths of my closet when I'm searching for a new job...so not very often (thankfully).  Since I don't wear suits very frequently, I certainly don't have any novel advice for styling them.  I know that it's important to feel comfortable and to feel like yourself!  The suit pieces are pretty basic so it's fun to pick out a blouse in a fun color or with fun detail (mine has pleating) to spice up the look!


For my latest experience, I had a traditional interview and then I had to teach a French lesson to a group of students while my interview committee observed.  I wore my full suit for the interview but I wanted to seem more approachable to the students during the lesson.  Since I didn't have time to change, I swapped my suit blazer for a brightly colored cardigan and a fun scarf.  Experimenting with wearing suit pieces as separates is a great idea of your suit is collecting dust in your closet!  I loved this outfit so much that I want to make sure to incorporate both the pants and blazer into more "everyday work" outfits next year!

I want to end this post with a sincere merci to those of you who regularly stop by my little blog.  You have been a part of this chapter of my life and I'm excited to take you with me into the next one!  It's comforting to know that, while everything else seems to be changing, you will remain a constant.  Thank you!

What I'm Wearing:
Suit: Ann Taylor (similar, similar)
Top: Ann Taylor (similar, similar)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Scarf: Lou Lou (similar, similar)
Heels: DSW (similar, similar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment