Mar 30, 2016

March Budget


In my January and February Budget post, I mentioned that I was feeling unenthused by much of the clothing featured in my favorite stores lately.  I felt uninspired at the time, but spending so little money in January and February allowed me to splurge a little bit this month!

Here is what I purchased!

Boden Bonnie Studded Flat: Paid $110.40 (Originally $138)
I'm a constant admirer of Boden pieces but, on a teacher's budget, they are usually outside of my price range.  I loved these striped flats from the moment I saw them in the catalog, so when I didn't spend much of my budget during the first two months of the quarter, I was excited to treat myself!  Due to snow, salt and now rain, I haven't gotten to wear them yet but I can't wait!

Gap Utility Jacket: Paid $32 (Originally $88)
At the beginning of the month, a casual fleece and a rain coat comprised my spring jacket collection.  I wanted more of a cute, everyday outerwear look.  This utility jacket in a lovely, feminine hue fit the bill!  I was able to snag it on sale plus I used some Gap Card rewards to really get the cost down.

Gorjana Mae Shimmer Ring: Paid $24 (Originally $43)
I received this ring in one of my Rocks Box sets.  It is the perfect compliment to some other delicate, stackable rings I own so I decided to keep it!  If you are interested in trying Rocks Box (I love it and have been using the service for almost two years), use my code, whitneybff3,  to receive your first month free (and I get some credits, too)!

Total Spent: $247
Total Saved: $186
Total Remaining: $3

I'm really proud of my budgeting and purchases this quarter!  I was very intentional about what I bought and I truly love each of my new pieces.

I will aim to be as careful about my spending for this upcoming quarter.  Some of the items on my wish list are a pretty spring dress (more on that coming soon), a warm-weather chambray dress and items to wear during my birthday vacation to Disney World!

As usual, linking-up with Fran's Budgeting Bloggers!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment