Mar 17, 2016

Oversized



Bri's Third Thursday Threads theme "Oversized" couldn't have come at a more perfect time of the year.  I don't know about you other teachers out there, but March is one of the most difficult months to get through.  Waking-up early is a challenge, getting through the school day with a smile on my face is exhausting, and wearing real clothes everyday?  Now that's something that I really don't want to do.  Combine my midyear ennui with a couple of extra pounds gained from snow days spent lounging on the couch and snacking, and all I want to wear are comfy, oversized  pieces.


On this particular day, all I wanted to do was wear leggings to work.  Unfortunately, I don't have any tunics long enough to make leggings appropriate for teaching.  But isn't a swing dress really just an oversized tunic?  I thought so!  And somehow the all black made my practically pajamas ensemble somewhat chic.  I even had a seventh grader tell me that it looked like I had spent hours putting together my outfit.  No no, darling girl, I somehow managed to make this work before my eyes were fully open in the wee hours of the morning.

While I'm thinking about it, though, perhaps I should invest in some nice tunics so that I can wear them to work on difficult mornings.  I'm loving the ones with the feminine embroidery for spring!  Or maybe I should just tell it like it is and wear the one that very accurately describes the current state of my body.  Or I could continue the trend and swear swing dresses as tunics.  What do you think?


What I'm Wearing:
Swing Dress: ASOS (similar, similar)
Leggings: Nordstrom (exact)
Necklace: Gift (similar, similar)
Flats: LOFT (similar)

Where I'm linking-up!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment