Mar 2, 2016

Currently: March 2016


wishing: and praying for my aunt's peace.  I'm not sure how to go about talking about this on my blog that is mostly about carefree fashion and smiling outfit photos.  Several weeks ago, my beloved Aunt Ninie experienced a ruptured brain aneurysm.  Her recovery at this stage is very uncertain.  Aunt Ninie is one of the brightest, kindest, most generous people I know.  I'm having a really difficult time wrapping my brain around this healthy, lively woman being okay one minute and in critical condition the next.  It's actually been difficult to function at work and in life while my mind has been with her.  Given the uncertainty of her condition, I am wishing and praying for her to feel at peace.  If you don't mind sending positive thoughts, vibes and prayers her way, I would be very grateful!  Photo credit: Pocket Fuel.

craving: bright colors!  Having been so worried about my aunt and being sick of cold, dreary winter, I'm ready for some bright colors. From my manicure to my excitement for spring fashion, bring on the color!  Manicure credit: Cristi of Plenty of Polish.

going: to North Carolina.  My best friend since second grade had her first baby in February.  Her growing family lives in North Carolina so I'm taking a long weekend later this month to visit her and meet the little one.  I'm ready for some baby snuggles, friend time and (hopefully) some sunshine!  Throwback Wednesday(?): to when said best friend and I were cheerleaders.

wearing: ponté pants.  I don't know about the rest of you teachers, but this time of the school year is the hardest to survive.  I have a hard time finding the motivation to wear real clothes, which doesn't really jive with the teaching gig.  I'm finding ponté pants to be the comfy answer to my clothes dilemma.  Ponté Pants: Gap.

learning: about proficiency-based language learning.  As a teacher, there are always ways to improve your craft.  I've been shifting the way I think about teaching French to focus on what the students can truly do with the language and want to design my instruction around this idea.  Actfl.

Linking-up with Anne and Jenna.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment