Apr 8, 2016

Blogging Besties: Heather Grey


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Selah wore this outfit when we met in real life during my recent trip to North Carolina.  I love that she wore an Eiffel Tower shirt just for me!  From this outfit, she gave me the following prompts: heather grey, pattern mixing, resurgent trend, and waffle knit!


I really tried to think of a resurgent trend to work with but ended up opting for heather grey (and I incorporated the stripes)!

I've only worn this tunic over skinny jeans in the past but I like how it worked tucked into my favorite skirt.  Plus, I usually wear black and white stripes with this skirt so I like how the heather grey created a softer look!



A colorful necklace and matching flats really pulled this outfit together!  I've been loving bright colors lately as I'm trying to channel spring!

Alright Alex, here are your choices for next week: spring outerwear, matching necklace and shoes, or a tunic not as a tunic!

What I'm Wearing:
Top: Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Necklace: Gift (similar, similar)
Skirt: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Flats: Hand-Me-Downs (similar, similar)
Jacket: Gap (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment