Apr 20, 2016

How to Style a Graphic Tee with the Blended Blog

You guys, I have some really exciting news this morning!  I have been invited to be a contributor to The Blended Blog!  TBB is a collaboration between fifteen (now sixteen!) lovely women.  Each writes her own unique fashion or lifestyle blog and also creates content for The Blended Blog. I haven't worked with them for long but I have already found them to be a warm and encouraging group of women who have a lot of interesting things to say!

The ladies of TBB are in the middle of a personal style challenge called Style Perspectives, so today I'm jumping right in!  Each Wednesday, all of us will feature an outfit that follows weekly prompts that you can find below.


This week, the ladies of The Blended Blog are styling our favorite graphic tees!  Since I just joined this collaboration, I didn't have time to take new outfit photos.  Instead, I've compiled several of my favorite graphic tee looks as well as some of my favorite tips for styling them!

I've mentioned it before, but graphic tees are one of my favorite ways to express my personality through my clothing!  I love supporting my favorite restaurants, showing my state of Michigan pride, cheering for my favorite sports teams and showing my Frenchie-ness through my graphic tees!

As I teacher, I also find myself wearing shirts to support my school rather frequently as well as in a work setting.  I think this is where I started getting a bit creative in how I style my graphic tees.

Here are my top three tips for wearing graphic tees so that you aren't just wearing jeans and a t-shirt:

1.  Graphic Tee + Skirt


This is definitely my favorite way to style a graphic tee!  Instead of pulling on a pair of jeans, just throw on a skirt instead!  I've found that tucking the tee into the skirt looks best because it defines your waist.  And in terms of choosing a skirt, almost anything will work!  I've matched a color in the tee to the skirt, I've chosen a bold contrasting-colored skirt and I've even gone with patterns!

2.  Graphic Tee + Dress


The key to this look is to wear the graphic tee over your dress to create a t-shirt and skirt look!  I find that this works best with more fitted tees and dresses that have a-line skirts.

3.  Graphic Tee + Over Layer


If you really are just a jeans and tee kind of a girl, that's alright!  You can spice up your outfit just a little bit by adding a layer over your tee.  This works with patterned tops (plaid, gingham, etc.), chambray shirts, cardigans or blazers!  Here are a couple of other over layer looks for your inspiration.

 

And now let's talk a little bit more about the Style Perspectives series!  You can find the schedule below and we hope that you will play along and link-up your looks every Wednesday!



Here is how the ladies of The Blended Blog styled their jeans, tees, cardis and statement necklaces from last week!


ONCE UPON A TIME & HAPPILY EVER AFTER : Library-Lovin’-Lady
DAILY STYLE FINDS: The Personal Stylist
FOXY’S DOMESTIC SIDE: The Crafty Engineer
SIMPLY SHAUNACEY: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
TWO TEENS AND THEIR MAMA: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSQUARED: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
SHOES TO SHIRAZ: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
PUPPIES AND PRETTIES: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
MISHAPS AND MAYHEM OF SOLITARY LIFE: Single Girl, Simple Style
A LOVELY LITTLE WARDROBE: A Casual Petite
MAKING THE MOST OF EVERYDAY Classic Yet Current Over Forty
NICKANDNIK: Mama with Curves
LIVING ON CLOUD NINE: Blissful Fashionista
WHITNEY À LA MODE: A book-loving French Teacher

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment