Jun 9, 2017

Blogging Besties: Pencil Skirt


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of The Cheerful Closet, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Have you ever noticed that Alex is the queen of pencil skirts?!  She rocks them fearlessly all.the.time!


So when she gave me "pencil skirt" as one of my prompts for this week, I knew I had to go for it.  You see, I tend to shy away from pencil skirts because I often feel self-conscious about the way they fit my (curvy) lower body.

But I've had one just sitting in my closet since last fall, waiting to be worn.  This Cassie skirt is one of the first LuLaRoe pieces I purchased because I loved the print.  When I received it in the mail, though, I totally chickened-out on wearing it.  And then it was buried underneath other skirts...until now!



And you know what?!  I felt great in this outfit!  The stretchy skirt is super comfortable even though it's form-fitting and I still love the print and the pop-of-teal!  So thank you, Alex, for making me step outside my comfort zone!  That's the point of Blogging Besties, after all!

Selah, my dear, for next week you can choose from: stretchy, form-fitting, teal, or outside of your comfort!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment