Apr 23, 2018

April's Work Wear Remix

Happy Monday, ladies!  I'm excited to be starting a new, monthly series today!

Do you struggle with what to wear to work?  I know I do!  Sometimes it feels like it takes so much effort to even put clothes on at 5:00 in the morning, let alone wear something cute and creative!  Most of the outfits that I find inspiring from blogs or on Pinterest are more casual looks and I know I'm guilty of featuring lots of jeans ensembles here at Whitney à la mode.

But no more, my friend Carrie (the queen of nine to five style, in my book) and I will be collaborating to bring you a monthly post featuring some great wear-to-work looks!


My goal for these posts is to show you one piece, two ways: a work look and a weekend outfit.  For our inaugural post, I'm featuring a floral blouse.  Since it's been so chilly in Michigan, I've been wearing my warmer floral-print pieces in an effort to embrace spring.


For my work look, I chose a color from the floral print and found bottoms to pull-out that hue, in this case olive!  Some cognac accessories complete the look.



For my weekend ensemble, I wanted to do a bit more than just pair the blouse with jeans.  A sweater vest is a fun completer piece for this time of year!

And there you have it, a floral blouse that's great for work or play!  What are you wearing to work this week?  And don't forget to head-over to Carrie's blog for some more, great work-wear inspiration!

What I'm Wearing: Work Look
Blouse: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Skirt: Le Tote (similar, similar)
Wedges: Nordstrom (similar, similar)
Earrings: Nickel and Suede (exact)

What I'm Wearing: Weekend Look
Blouse: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Vest: Gap Outlet (similar, similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Flats: Target (exact)
Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment