Apr 30, 2018

Gal Meets Glam Collection Review


If you've followed Whitney à la mode for long, you've probably realized that there's nothing I love more than a pretty dress!  So when the queen of pretty dresses, Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam, announced that she was launching a dress collection, I couldn't wait to try a few!

On my budget, these dresses are definitely a special occasion purchase.  I ordered four of my favorites with the intent to only keep one.  But oops, I'm keeping two (and am having a really hard time saying "goodbye" to a third).  The dresses are just so dreamy!



The dresses came in beautiful packaging with a special note from Julia herself.  All of the fabrics felt luxurious and the dresses seem well-made.  These little lovelies are available in two places.  You can find them at the Gal Meets Glam Collection website or at Nordstrom!  You can find most of the dresses in both places but each shop does feature a few special editions that you can't find elsewhere. I chose to order mine from GMG directly because one of the dresses I really wanted was sold-out from Nordstrom.  I did follow the sizing suggestions in the reviews from Nordstrom, though, and found them to be really helpful!

So, are you ready to see the dresses?


Ellie

The Ellie dress is a crepe, flowing dress that comes in a pretty light blue or a blush pink.  Typically I would choose blush but for some reason, the blue option caught my eye.  The waist-band is elastic, making this dress super comfortable.  I loved the feminine detailing in the bows that line the front and the slightly puffed sleeves.  Friends, I felt like Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  Belle is my all-time favorite Disney princess (and my grandma actually calls me Belle because of our similarities) so you know that this is a compliment coming from me!  Unfortunately, there were two dresses I somehow loved more, so Ellie is getting returned.  I'm not sure what GMG sales will look like since the collection is brand new, but you better believe I will be looking for the price to drop on this dress!

Sizing: True to size! (I'm wearing a size 8, for reference).

Verdict: Returning with extreme reluctance.


Carly

Carly is a sheath-style, gingham dress that totally reminds me of a little 1950s glamour.  Typically I don't wear sheaths but I couldn't resist the charm of this one.  Can't you picture it with some classic espadrilles and a pair of cat-eye sunglasses?!  Unfortunately, the dress just didn't fit.  The reviewers on Nordstrom suggested sizing-up so I ordered a 10 (as opposed to my typical size 8).  While the dress technically covered my body, the material around the buttons gaped and the fabric around my thighs felt too tight.  It's probably a good thing that the dress didn't fit or I probably would have wanted to keep all four!

Sizing: I would suggest going-up two sizes, at least for girls with curves.  If you typically fit well into sheath dresses, the sizing might be different for you.

Verdict: Returned



Samantha

This is the dress that I knew I had to order as soon as I saw it!  The blush pink, the stripes, the fit and flare, the bow!  I'm on a dress high and I never want to come down!  This beauty also comes in a beautiful light blue color.  I already plan to wear the Samantha to a wedding I'm attending this summer.

Sizing: True to size, I'm wearing a size 8.

Verdict: Keeping!


Ardith

While I was most excited to try the Samantha, it's actually Ardith that ended-up my favorite!  Ardith is a fit and flare, midi-lenth, gingham dress and I'm smitten!  While the quality feels as superb as the rest, the material makes the dress a bit more wearable for casual occasions.  And the cut of the top is super flattering!  Keep your eyes peeled for a special birthday look featuring Ardith at the end of May.  I'm so excited!

Sizing: I went up one size (to a 10) based on the Nordstrom reviews and the dress fits perfectly!

Verdict: Keeping!  Keeping!  Keeping!

Though I wanted to try all the dresses, these were my four favorites!  Which do you like best?  Have you checked-out the entire collection?  Which dress would you choose?
Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment