Jul 25, 2013

Peplum Pairings




I am loving the peplum trend right now!  Who doesn’t love a style that gives you a tiny-looking waist?!?  Peplums make me feel really feminine and sexy without showing too much skin.   

When I started reading personal style blogs regularly, however, I started to shy away from peplum tops because I struggled to remix them into unique-looking ensembles.  To me, a peplum has such a distinct style and structure.  How do you alter it to create a new look?

When I get stuck in a fashion rut, I often return to Audrey’s blog, Putting Me Together.  Audrey is a whiz at looking stylish and, well, put together while dressing in an affordable and down to earth manner.  She also provides very focused advice and directions for creating a remixable wardrobe.  I am an organized, detail-oriented person and Audrey’s logical approach to fashion really works for me!

In her series, “Building a Remixable Wardrobe,” Audrey writes about shopping for remixable pieces.  When she gives tips on purchasing shirts, Audrey suggests finding tops that can be worn alone, belted, tied and tucked.  That way you can get four different looks out of one shirt…and we haven’t even thought about the bottoms yet!

So back to remixing peplum tops… I got to thinking about tucking peplums.  I don’t think this would work with just any old bottoms because of the particular structure of the top, but with the right outfit, it works!  AND it makes the shirt look totally different!

Peplum Untucked!

Peplum Tucked!

What do you think?  Are you into the peplum trend?  I would love to see some links to peplums that you’ve been coveting!

What I'm Wearing:
  • Peplum Top: Anthropologie (exact) <--(on sale!)
  • Skirt: Banana Republic (exact)
  • Cognac Belt: Charming Charlie (similarsimilar)
  • Cognac Sandals: Target (exact)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment