Aug 21, 2015

Blogging Besties: Scarf

Hello, all!

Can I get a "thank God it's Friday?" I am just wiped out from this week, but hopefully once classes start this week things will settle into a routine!

Last week, Whitney layered a scarf with a statement necklace, which I've never seen, and I think it was just the coolest!



I "passed on" the scarf (it's a copout, I know) but I also incorporated a bright skirt that's pretty similar to Whitney's, just shorter!

A few weeks ago, I read about how color blocking with colors in the same color family is supposed to be really flattering, so I gave it a try by pairing a peach tee with a red-orange skirt. It kinda creates an ombre effect with the white at the top, the light pink in the middle, and the boldest shade of red on the bottom! This isn't a combination I ever thought would look good in my mind, but then once the pieces were next to each other I loved it!

(Also, I'm just gonna apologize now for the photo quality. I'm still figuring out the lighting sitch in my new apartment.)




Tee: Target (similarsimilarsimilar)
Skirt: LOFT, thrifted (similarsimilarsimilar)
Scarf: Target, thrifted (similarsimilarsimilar)
Sandals: Jack Rogers (exact)

The elements of this outfit are: scarf, pastel tee, bright skirt, summer sandals, and a monochromatic color combo!

If you passed on an element from Whitney's outfit last week, we'd love to see your looks! Link up below!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment