Jan 12, 2016

Rose Quartz and Serenity

Do you know what time it is?  It's time for a new color of the year from our favorite color gurus, Pantone, of course!  And this year we get not one, but two colors to celebrate all year long!  So now, I introduce you to Rose Quartz and Serenity!


Pantone descries Rose Quartz as "a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.  Like a serene sunset, flushed cheek or budding flower, Rose Quartz reminds us to reflect on our surroundings during the busy but lighthearted spring and summer months."

Serenity  "comforts with a calming effect, bringing a feeling of respite even in turbulent times.  A transcendent blue, Serenity provides of with a naturally connected sense of space."

If you are interested in learning more about Rose Quartz or Serenity as well as the rest of Pantone's Spring Collection, check-out their color report here.

It just so happens that Rose Quartz, or blush pink as I have called it in the past, is one of my favorite colors!  For this reason, I'm more excited about the 2016 hue than I have been in past years.  I've decided to do a monthly series featuring Rose Quartz where I put together a seasonally appropriate outfit featuring this color.  You can look for the first installment of this series on January 20th!

In the meantime, here are a few blush pink (err Rose Quartz) items that I have my eye on!

1.  This sweater that I may or may not have ordered at 60% off.  Keep your fingers crossed that it's as cute on me as it is on the model!
2.  Now if only this skirt would go on a 60% off sale!  In the meantime I might just have to settle for this adorable blush pink, cat mug (umm, all of my favorite things combined into one adorable drinking vessel!)
3.  Shopbop, being as on top of the style game as they are, is even featuring an entire collection based-on shades of Rose Quartz.  And don't even get me started on all of these beautiful blush pink pieces!
4.  My friend Kate has good things to say about Old Navy's Pixie Chinos and it would be really fun to have a pair in Mango Magic!
5.  Oh man, a blush pink graphic tee with French writing on it?!  And I thought the above mentioned mug was perfect for me!

Have you found any fun Rose Quartz pieces lately?  And what do you think about Pantone's color choices this year?



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment