Jan 21, 2016

What's In My Bag: Teacher Edition

I don't know about you, but I always enjoy when bloggers post a peek into their bags.  I think our personalities shine through what we choose to carry with us every day and it's fun to catch a glimpse into my favorite bloggers' everyday lives!  So today you get to nose through the bag I carry with me to school all week!


This fall I mentioned that I was in the market for a new, grown-up work bag.  I've been carrying fun Vera Bradley totes for a few years but felt I was ready for a more streamlined and sophisticated look. I took this opportunity to splurge on a beautiful Longchamp Le Pliage tote that I have been coveting for ten years (I kid you not)!

I fell for the simple, classic tote when I studied in Tours, France during the summer of 2006 but didn't let myself spend the money on one until this fall!  Ten years is definitely the longest any one item has been on my wish list!  Having waited so long for it makes the bag feel extra special.  For this reason, I'm featuring my Longchamp tote (in Cedar) as my most cherished item for Bri's Third Thursday Threads prompt this month.



Now that you know a little bit about this special bag of mine, let's see what's in it!

1. Paper Organizers: I teach in two different buildings plus I coach a JV cheerleading squad.  In other words, I have a lot of paperwork that I cart between home, multiple schools and various basketball games.  As a self-proclaimed school supply nut, I have fun picking-out fun colored folders and pockets in which to organize and carry all of my papers!

2.  Coach Wallet: I told you I love Rose Quartz!  I've owned this RQ (or blush pink) wallet for a few years now and still love it's pretty feminine color.  I keep all of the essentials in my wallet and then switch it back and forth between my school bag and my purse, depending on what I'm doing for the day.  It's the only item that I need to swap, which makes the bag exchange smooth and simple.  Shopbop has bunches of pretty pink wallets these days.  I mean, how can you resist those scalloped little Kate Spade numbers?!

3.  Pouches: The only downfall of the Longchamp tote is that it is lacking in interior pockets.  In order to make-up for lost pockets I've been picking-up pretty pouches when I see them.  I have one pouch for pens and pencils (Papermate Flair Pens for the win) and another pouch for my hand creme, bobby pins, and favorite lip products (I can't get enough of the honey flavor from Burt's Bees).  And here I go again with the Kate Spade, but I would love to add one of her adorable pouches to my collection!

4.  And how could I almost forget my planner?!  If I don't write something down, it doesn't get done, which makes my planner one of my most important possessions!  I also get really excited about hunting down the perfect planner!  For the past two years, I've purchased mine from Plum Paper Designs.  They are super cute and I love just about everything about them.  My only complaint is that each day they include space for three "to do's."  Tell me, who only has three things to accomplish every day?!  In any case, I'm thinking about trying something new when this planner runs out at the end of the school year (mostly because there are just so many cute planners to be had).  I'm contemplating the Day Designer by Whitney English or a Passion Planner.  Does anyone have experience with these planners or any others you would recommend?


So tell me, what's in your work bag?
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment