Jul 8, 2016

Blogging Besties: Copycat Piece


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Last week, Whitney featured a fun summer look. I loved her pretty tank and I think that teething necklace is so nifty while still being cute! 


Whitney challenged me with a "copycat piece." So, I thought, who better to copy than the woman herself? I happened to have a nice lace top that is quite similar in color to Whitney's! In contrast to Whitney's fun casual look, I styled mine for work with a neutral cardigan and a pencil skirt. Add a statement necklace and leopard flats for a little fun and I was good to go!




Next week, Maricel can choose from the following: lace, lilac, or leopard! (See what I did there?)
Top: Thrifted via Clothes Mentor (similarsimilarsimilar)

Skirt: Thrifted via Clothes Mentor (similarsimilarsimilar)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (exactsimilarsimilar)
Flats: Thrifted via Plato's Closet (similarsimilarsimilar)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment