Jul 15, 2016

Blogging Besties :: Lilac

Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
Last week, Alex proved you can be both thoroughly professional and fashionably au courant with her fab color combo:

f8ec8-blogging-besties-copycat-1
 

This week is brought to you by: “lace, lilac, and leopard". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: lilac.

Image (29)
 
Okay, okay, before I get berated, I'll just come out and admit that I know absolutely nothing about flowers. One would think that after having participated in Anne's multiple floral challenges, I'd have learned a thing or two. But one would be wrong. At the end of the day, a flower is a flower is a flower to me, and if I can't keep one alive, I can at least sport them happily in my wardrobe. So please forgive me for calling this top challenge-compliant to "lilac", but it's the closest floral piece I could come up with that's also fitting with my retro aesthetic. And I'm sure you can get over the inaccuracy in the face of all its cunning details: ruched shoulders, happy bows, the perfect color contrast of navy and pink.

Image (30)
 
Also, upon further perusal, I realize that my skirt is very similar to Alex's, albeit a more vintage-y version. So although it wasn't part of her challenge per se, I think that should count for some points, eh?

Image (31)

For Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: a dark floral print, ribbons, ruching, or something close enough. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Top – eBay Skirt – Elie Tahari via eBay Heels - Marimba by Aerosoles
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: I Only Have Eyes For You by Frank Sinatra and Count Basie
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment