Jul 4, 2016

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Red, White and Blue

Happy Fourth of July, my dear blogging friends!  May your day be filled with friends, hot dogs, cold drinks, sparklers and a swell of pride for the 'ole U.S. of A!  And while you're at it, will you have an extra hot dog and cold drink for me?  Because I will be spending today driving across this great country of ours for about ten hours.  It's not exactly the way I would prefer to spend my holiday but I will make the most of it by taking in the landscape that our nation has to offer!



For the past two years, I have been invited to a wedding during Fourth of July weekend.  I love holidays and I love weddings so I think that this is a perfect way to celebrate the Fourth!  Add to the mix a self-imposed challenge to create a wedding-appropriate, not cheesy, red, white and blue outfit?!  I am in closet remixing heaven!


I purchased a beautiful, red maxi dress for the wedding last summer and decided that because I love it so much, I wanted to wear it again for this wedding!  I wanted to do red, white and blue again but in a different way than I did last year.  The dress and the shoes remain the same but I spiced up the accessories!



When Bri hosted an online Stella & Dot party a couple months ago, I found the perfect necklace and clutch to create the look I had been daydreaming about!  By purchasing these items, I won the spot of surprise hostess for the party and received some credit to purchase another couple of Stella & Dot pieces.  Thank you, Bri!



With that, have a lovely Fourth (and don't forget about that extra hot dog)!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Nashville Boutique (similar, similar)
Wedges: DSW (similar, similar)
Necklace: Stella & Dot (exact)
Clutch: Stella & Dot (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment