Jul 1, 2016

Blogging Besties: Favorite Accessory


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Didn't Selah look lovely last week in her floral skirt with her pretty pink handbag?  From her ensemble, she gave me these ideas from which to create my outfit this week: pink, quilting, handbag or favorite accessory.


I decided to pass on my favorite accessory...even though I don't have a favorite accessory.  Because that makes total sense, right?!  I really don't have just one accessory that I constantly reach for but I do favor my jewelry pieces that carry sentimental value.

Both the necklace and the ring that I'm wearing hold a special place in my heart.  The necklace was a gift from my niece (ahem, my sister).  It is actually from a company called Chewable Charm that makes jewelry that is safe for babies to put in their mouths.  Since Eloise is always drawn to my statement necklaces, my sister purchased this for me to wear on dates with my niece.  It is so cute that I wear it even when I'm not visiting with little ones!



My ring is extra special because it used to belong to my Great-Grandma Winnie.  She was an amazing, strong woman who loved to travel and was kind, generous and sharp until the end.  Wearing her spoon ring is a daily reminder to be like her!


Moving on from jewelry, let's talk about this tank really quickly.  The material is so soft and the fit is super comfortable.  My friend wore this very top in another color when we went to a Dixie Chicks concert a few weeks ago and when I saw this pretty lilac version on sale, I knew it had to be mine!  So basically I'm a big copycat!

Which brings me to Alex's prompts for next week: a copycat piece, color blocked, an interesting hemline or espadrilles!

What I'm Wearing:
Tank: (exact)
Pants: Loft (similar)
Necklace: Chewable Charm (exact)
Espadrille Flats: Target (similar)
Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment