Jul 14, 2016

A Peplum, A Special Guest and Thursday Moda

Well friends, I've got some fun things happening on the blog today!  First of all, I'm co-hosting the Thursday Moda link-up with Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood.  But before I get into the details of our collaboration, I would like to introduce you to my niece, Eloise!  Isn't she the cutest?!

(She wore a strawberry dress because strawberries are my favorite.  And those tiny Converse?!  My heart is melting!)


I spent last week at my sister and brother-in-law's house outside of Nashville.  My mom and I got to watch Eloise while Kayla and Brad were on vacation!  I loved having a whole week of niece snuggles and kisses.  Eloise is so smart and can say and do all sorts of things already.  She is really good at pointing to her various facial features when you ask her "Where's your nose?" and so on.  While I was there, I started asking her, "Where's your heart?" and I'm proud to say that she now points to her chest when you ask her.  SO cute!




Since I'm co-hosting with Ada today and Ada always posts cute outfit pictures with her adorable daughter, Vivian, I thought it would be fun to have a photo shoot with Eloise for our collaboration!  Her red and white strawberry dress matched my peplum perfectly and we are even wearing matching shoes.  I really love these pictures of us and will always cherish them.


When Ada invited me to co-host, she mentioned that we both own this red and white striped peplum top from Old Navy (on sale for less than $9, by the way)  and that it would be fun to show it styled in two ways.  I love that she threw in a little bit of pattern mixing and that she is wearing a fun pair of shorts for the summer.  Ada is always bold in trying the season's latest trends -- is she rocking those fringed sandals or what?!


The last time I wore this top, I styled a pretty and slightly more dressed-up look.  This time I wanted to go in the opposite direction with a super casual and comfortable outfit.  My distressed boyfriend jeans are about as casual as I get (unless I'm in my yoga pants #teacheronsummervacation) and I love my Converse for any comfy look!  The peplum is so breezy and I love that it's cute enough to stand on its own without adding too much to the ensemble.


What I'm Wearing:
Peplum: Old Navy (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Converse: DSW (exact)

And now on to that link-up I know you are itching to participate in!  Eloise and I thank you for stopping by today!





Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment