Jun 3, 2016

One Outfit, Two Challenges: Create28 and Blogging Besties


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Last week Selah looked oh so ready for summer in her shorts and eyelet top!  She gave me the following prompts from which to work: pajama clothes, eyelet lace, floral jewelry or new hair.


I always enjoy Selah's creative prompts that motivate me to think about my wardrobe in a different way!  While Selah's inspiration didn't disappoint, I feel like my execution fell a little bit flat this week.  I decided to go with "pajama clothes" as my prompt since this peplum is just so darn comfortable!

Alex, here are your choices to pass on for next week's Blogging Besties: a peplum, stripes, white bottoms, metallic shoes, a glitzy necklace or a state-themed background!

While I could have taken Selah's prompt and run a bit further with it, I did double up on challenges today.  I am also participating in The Blended Blog's Create28 Summer Challenge.  Today is my day to wear a "pretty peplum!"  So here you go: a pretty peplum that feels like pajamas!

I think this top will be a staple this summer.  The stripes and peplum detail give it enough interest that the top can stand on its own without lots of layers.  It is also really light-weight and rather swing-like so it will keep you cool in the summer sun.  The top is currently on sale in navy stripes and peach!


While I think the peplum is pretty on its own, I really tried to run with the "pretty" part of my prompt.  Instead of blue jeans and casual sandals, I dressed the top up with white jeans, metallic flats and a little bit of sparkle!



Isn't this background fun?!  It is one of the walls of a delicious restaurant in Lansing, Michigan called the Soup Spoon.  Delicious food and fun blogging backgrounds?!  My kind of place!  They even have a fun gratitude wall where diners can use chalk to express their thanks.  It just so happened that the wall already had an entry about birthday dinners and I was there to celebrate my birthday with one of my best friends!


If you are wearing a pretty peplum today, make sure to show us on Instagram with #theblendedblogstyle and by linking-up with us on Wednesday.  You can find the daily prompts below if you want to play along!  And please visit Sheila at Making the Most of Every Day to see how she styles "nautical navy" for day three of Create28!



What I'm Wearing:
Top: Old Navy (exact)
Necklace: Rocksbox
Jeans: LOFT (simliar)
Shoes: DSW (similar)
SaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment