Jun 17, 2016

Blogging Besties :: a last-minute spring outfit


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
Last week, Alex sported super fun, book-ended cognac:

de730-alex2bwelch-82
 
And this week is brought to you by: “lace, leather, booties, or a last-minute spring outfit". So for your viewing pleasure, I give you: a last-minute spring outfit.

Image (25)
   
It's actually summertime for me right now. My last day of school with kids was June 9th. Sadly, I still have through the 24th completing professional development, so a break is still long in coming. The only good thing about this extended work period is that I get to wear fun dresses and not look overly made up as I go about my day. This one is a beaut and a recent acquisition and is so light and airy, it is indeed reminiscent of spring.

Image (26)
 
It's a breathable, forgiving cotton blend and I feel like a fairy princess when I twirl or when the wind catches it at just the right time. And yet it's weighty and substantial enough that I don't need a slip even though it's white. Oh, and those pumps? They're actually navy, not black (curse you, Marfa filter!) and they're the first pair of Aerosoles I've tried that actually live up to the brand's reputation of being both cute and comfy. I guess I just have to remember to get wide width in this label. Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: something floral, something navy, something light and airy, or a recent acquisition. Vive le vendredi!

:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Dress – Penelope Vintage Pumps Marimba by Aerosoles
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Nice and Easy by Frank Sinatra
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment