Jun 22, 2016

Just a Muggle

Happy Hump Day!  How have you spent your day so far?  I attended my second yoga class ever this morning and I'm loving it!  Add a post-class iced coffee and I am having a lovely morning.

Before I jump into more Orlando vacation photos, make sure that you head to The Blended Blog for a review of Week 3 of Create28.  If you scroll to the bottom of this post, you'll find our weekly link-up and the prompts for the last week of the style challenge!

On Monday I posted some profession photos of my birthday visit to the Magic Kingdom and yesterday I shared some personal snapshots from the day.  Today I will be sharing my pictures from our time in Harry Potter World at Universal Studios.  P.S.  I still can't fit the rest of my photos into this post so stay tuned for just one more vacation recap.  I hope you don't mind!



I haven't talked much about it on my blog, but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!  Like, I'm still waiting for my letter from Hogwarts kind of a fan!  I can't explain how excited I was to visit Harry Potter World and to feel J.K. Rowling's stories come to life.  I had butterflies in my stomach and tears in my eyes as I entered Hogsmeade!




I share my adoration of Harry Potter with my dad and my sister.  It was such a special moment to enter this magical world together!







The first thing that we did was try Butterbeer!  Man oh man is it delicious!  This was actually my favorite moment of the whole weekend.  It was such a simple and happy thing to do and it was something that everyone in the group did together!  Even Eloise got in on the fun (don't worry, Butterbeer doesn't actually have beer in it)!



In Hogsmeade, we admired the Hogwarts castle, visited Honeydukes candy shop and witnessed a wand fitting at Olivander's!  Expelliarmus!


The whole party took the Hogwarts Express train from Hogsmeade to London.  As we sat in seemingly the exact train compartment as Harry, Ron and Hermione, we waved goodbye to Hagrid and watched the magical land fly by!  We stepped off the train at Platform 9 and 3/4.  My friend Chrissy is also a huge Potterhead.  It was so fun to share this excitement with her!




Diagon Alley is just as magical as Hogsmeade.  It is such a spectacular experience to have one of your favorite stories come to life in front of your own eyes!





In Diagon Alley, we ate at the Leaky Cauldron, dared to enter Knockturn Alley, tried on robes (I'm totally a Hufflepuff) and I even found my favorite character, Dobby!


Earlier in the day, we purchased Bertie Bott's Any Flavour Beans at Honeydukes and each dared to try one!  Can you tell who got the salt and pepper flavored bean?

I hope you've enjoyed a muggle's recounting of our magical trip!  Grab a cocktail and come back tomorrow to drink around the world at Epcot with us!

And don't forget to link-up for Create28!



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment