Jul 13, 2016

Yellow + A Fun Print + A Dress


Have you tried the new Summer Style Series with The Blended Blog yet?  You know, the one where you pick a color, pair a pattern and showcase a piece using the ideas in the graphic below?  I've gotta tell you, it's making summer clothes so much more fun!


Summer is usually my least favorite time of year clothing-wise.  You can't add interest by layering too much because it is just so dang hot!  Sometimes I don't even want to wear a statement necklace because it feels so heavy.  For this reason, I feel like my summer outfits aren't as creative or remixed as I would like them to be.  Cue the Summer Style Series!  By consciously pairing colors, patterns and pieces, I'm coming-up with some new outfit combinations!



For this outfit, I actually started with "a fun pattern."  I think the pattern in the dress is supposed to be floral but it reminds me of popcorn.  What's more fun than popcorn?!  From there, the yellow cardigan was an easy contrasting piece to add for a chilly morning at the library.

If you picked and paired this week, it's time to share with our link-up below!  Or you can show us on Instagram (#theblendedblogstyle).

But before you get there, a couple of blooper pictures!  I wish I remembered what was so funny!






What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Boden (exact)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Sandals: Bali Elf (exact)

Where I'm linking-up!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment