Feb 16, 2016

Create28: Cozy Cardigan

Hey y'all! Emily here from Darling, Dearest. I am thrilled to be a part of Carrie, and Whitney, and Casey's Create28 Winter Friends series! Such sweet girls. I love being able to collaborate with them!
I'm quite the fan of cozy. Anything and everything cozy. I think I've made it my personal goal to be as cozy as possible while keeping a professional edge in the classroom. And with this goal, I've definitely learned the characteristics a cardigan needs to have in order to be "cozy."

Darling, Dearest 

Darling, Dearest 

Darling, Dearest 

Darling, Dearest 

Darling, Dearest
Banana Republic Factory Cardigan (it's on major sale if you have one close by - but it's sold out online) (similar, similar) // Target Booties // Old Navy Tee (similar) // Jeggings (similar) // Old Navy Clutch

Five Characteristics a Cozy Cardigan Needs to Have:
One. The fit. True cozy cardigans need to be slightly larger than you necessarily need. You want to be able to wear both fitted shirts and sweaters underneath.
Two. Wrapability. Can you fully wrap yourself in said cardigan? You want to be able to protect yourself from any blustering winds that might blow by.
Three. Softness. This is slightly a no-brainer, but I've felt some scratchy cardigans. Whether it be solid knit or fuzzy or (if you're spiffy) cashmere, just make sure it's soft!
Four. Lasting factor. Every comfy cardigan I have lasts. It's one I keep year after year. You want to be able to wash it repeatedly and it's still just as cozy as it was the time before.
Five. Versatility. I have worn cozy cardigans with dresses, skinny jeans, and tunics. You can wear them on bum days and you can wear them to church. That's the best thing about them - they fit almost any occasion and are perfect for that comfy mood!
What's your favorite characteristic that a cozy cardigan should have? Be sure to share your looks with #create28winterlooks!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment