Nov 24, 2016

Thankful


Want to wrap-up in your own cozy scarf from Zaful?  Enter to win a gift card below!

Happy Thanksgiving, my lovely friends!  I hope this post finds you with a warm (non-travel) mug of coffee in your hands while enjoying the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

As I mentioned earlier this week, I will be spending the holiday with my mom and dad.  We are planning to watch the parade (and the subsequent dog show), eat our favorite Thanksgiving dishes, and then nap to the sound of the Lions football game in the background.  While I may not be wearing this exact outfit today, I will be wearing something very similar.  Since we're spending the holiday just the three of us and aren't traveling anywhere, it's leggings and comfy clothes all the way for me!

While I love my blanket scarf as much as the next girl, this is the first I've thought to use it in a comfy "stay-at-home" kind of an outfit.  The scarf makes the outfit even more cozy but also makes me feel a bit more put together.  And yes, yes I do own slippers that match my cat.  See!?





Before I wrap-up this post, I want to talk about a few things for which I'm thankful!  I am very, very blessed and am so very thankful for many aspects of my life, from my loved ones scattered throughout the world to the many travel opportunities I've experienced.

But here and now I want to take the time to express my gratitude for the blessings that have come my way thanks to this little blog.  From what started as a hobby and a creative outlet, I have made a wonderful group of friends.  The support, compassion and positivity that I receive from this group of diverse women have enriched my life in ways that I never expected.  They provide love from afar during life's ups and downs and I am so glad to have them in my life.  I've even had the opportunity to meet a few of these women (Danielle, Ada, Selah and Carrie) and can now consider them friends in real life!

Speaking of meeting people through this crazy blogging world, last week I met a blogger who I've looked up to since I began Whitney à la mode.  As I clicked through the stories on Snapchat, I noticed that Fran of Franish was in Lansing, Michigan!  I nervously reached out and asked if she would like to grab a glass of wine with a random fan...and she said yes!  I met Fran downtown and we enjoyed chatting about life and laughing about the blogging world over our glasses of wine.  Fran is just as stylish, kind and down-to-earth as she seems on her blog.  Meeting Fran is yet another blessing to come from blogging!


Other little blogging blessings for which I am thankful are the companies who have reached-out to me to be featured on my little corner of the internet.  This is not something that I expected at all when I began blogging but has been a fun little treat over the years.

Most recently, Zaful contacted me to choose a couple of pieces to wear and and review.  Today's blanket scarf comes from them and is so vibrant and cozy!  It is even softer than I expected and comes in a bunch of different colors (I'm totally eyeing the grey and pink).  Plus the scarf is a total steal.  During the next week or so, I will also be reviewing a dress and a necklace from Zaful so stay tuned.  But in the meantime, you can enter to win a $100 gift card to their online boutique!  All you have to do is comment on this post with a link to your favorite Zaful product and your e-mail address.  The giveaway will be open until November 30th.  And while you're at it, you might want to check-out their Black Friday Sale!


Phew, this is turning into a long post!  But I just have so much to be thankful for!  Before you leave, I want to thank you for stopping by, for spending little parts of your days with me, for allowing me to share my thoughts and feelings with you.  This blogging experience wouldn't be nearly as much fun without you!  Now go and have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones!


What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: LuLaRoe
Leggings: LuLaRoe
Scarf: Zaful (exact)
Slippers: L.L.Bean (exact)
SaveSave
SaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment